5cm PaK 38 auf Zugkraftwagen 1t - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (10)
Customize your model: (17)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled armored cover on engine hood produced in multiple parts
- Unique version of Zugkraftwagen 1t w/full detail
- Photo-etched straps for ammunition boxes
- Realistic-looking folded soft-top roof w/photo-etched detail
- Armored louvers on vehicle front
- Intricately detailed internal mechanical components-engine gear box, fuel tank, compressed air tank suspension and exhaust
- Wing mirror and spotlight w/crisp details
- Authentic driver's cab w/photo-etched details
- On-vehicle tools w/clasp detail
- Breech replicates the original PaK 38
- Gun shield is true to scale
- Muzzle brake with fine detail
- Slide-molded suspension arms and springs w/delicate detail
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull
- Intricate engine housing
- Realistic engine hood formed from multiple parts w/open louver detail
- Engine represented by multiple parts
- 2 types of battery boxes available as options
- Delicate fuel tank included
- Delicate gearbox included
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Intricate components for rear compartment represented by multiple parts
- Fully detailed steering components
- Suspension system as per real vehicle
- Rear chassis w/realistic towing pintle exactly as on original
- Gun mount installed in fighting compartment
- Road wheels w/precise details
- Drive sprocket w/multi-part assembly to achieve the highest levels of detail and accuracy
- Detailed Magic Tracks reproduced
Germany fielded a wide range of halftracks during WWII. The Sd.Kfz.10, one of the lighter types, was conceived as a prime mover for small, towed anti-tank or antiaircraft guns. Measuring 4.5m long and weighing 4.9 tonnes, this Demag-designed vehicle had a 1-ton payload capacity. Around 14,000 Sd.Kfz.10 halftracks were built from 1938-45. Several specialist vehicles were based on this design, with a rather unique conversion appearing in 1941. This saw a 5cm PaK 38 L/60 gun being mounted on the rear of an Sd.Kfz.10 to create a light anti-tank platform. The wheels were removed from the PaK 38 but it retained its armored shield and the weapon could traverse. In addition, armor plate was added to the engine compartment and driver's cab. It's thought these unique vehicles were mostly issued to Waffen-SS units.
Dragon has already produced several 1/35 scale 1-ton Sd.Kfz.10 halftracks in plastic and these have been gladly received by modelers. This new kit from Dragon is the most potent version yet, thanks to the inclusion of the 5cm cannon. Indeed, this kit is an excellent hybrid that mates the delightful Sd.Kfz.10 halftrack with Dragon's legendary 5cm PaK 38 anti-tank gun. The entire gun mount is completely new to suit this vehicle, plus the halftrack interior has been modified accordingly. The folded hoops for the roof are also brand new. The kit includes three armor elements for the hood, grill and windshield to perfectly recreate original vehicles. This is a spectacular halftrack with lots of firepower, and it's certainly a welcome addition to the Sd.Kfz.10 family.