Tiger I Mid-prod w/Zimmert
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (41)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $96.95You pay: $64.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6700Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer VI Tiger"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed Tiger I Mid- Production w/Zimmerit
- Slide-molded muzzle brake included
- Realistic ventilator with optional cover
- Cupola ring delicately reproduced w/weld seams
- Mantlet produced as per original
- Spare track links can be hung on turret sides
- 2 damaged wheels and 2 spare tyres to model typical combat damage
- One-piece DS tracks for easy assembly
- Multi-directional slide-molded cupola w/full detail
- One-piece gun barrel w/subtle detail
- Driver's and radio operator's hatches w/interior details
- Delicately detailed cupola ring included
- Cupola has internal head-pad ring
- Clear parts for individual periscopes in cupola
- Separate commander's hatch swivel arm
- Driver's version port is movable upward/downward
- Newly tooled Zimmerit molded on hull plus turret
- Working escape hatch can be assembled open/closed
- Headlight can be omitted
- Upgraded details on hull bottom delicately produced to look realistic
- Finely detailed gun travel lock can be built in 3 configurations
- Detailed sprocket and idler wheels included
- Intricate road wheels and road wheel hubs
- Photo-etched screens for engine deck
- Exhaust shields rendered w/details
- Detailed multi-part jack
- Idler arms w/full details
- Finely detailed U-shaped tow hooks
- Detailed injection-molded on-vehicle tools
- Slide-molded tow cable heads and delicate metal tow cables
Dragon has already launched several 1/35 scale kits with molded-on Zimmerit (e.g. Kingtiger, Panther) and these were welcomed with open arms by modelers of all persuasions. The ready-made Zimmerit saved hours of labor for modelers, plus it offered an instant solution to the problem of accurately portraying this unique German anti-magnetic paste. Dragon has added a spectacular new kit to the Zimmerit family, one that has been long awaited and eagerly anticipated...a Tiger I Mid-Production! Furthermore, adding to its appeal, the inspirational box-top artwork comes from the skilled hand of Ron Volstad.
Interestingly, this is also the very first 1/35 scale Tiger I Mid-Production type to appear in a Dragon box. The Tiger I is an iconic tank of WWII, and its legendary status extends well beyond the limited number of 1,355 that were built. Building upon Dragon's masterly 1/35 Tiger kits previously released, this newest big cat comes with a full coating of Zimmerit produced to an extremely high quality in terms of the pattern and scale effect. The unique Zimmerit texture is different to that found on Late Tiger. The kit receives many new parts such as the turret, upper hull, rear plate and road wheels so it can accurately depict a Mid-Production variant. To ease assembly, the tank includes convenient DS tracks. This is truly a masterpiece that blends computerized technology with the touch of a skilled sculptor. This big cat is ready to prowl a diorama scene or to grace a display shelf!