German RSO/01 Type 470 Tractor - Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $74.95You pay: $51.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6691Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Steyr RSO"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled RSO rendered with fine detail
- Newly tooled cabin captures the complex shape accurately, produced using slide-mold technology
- Newly tooled levers and pedals for driver's compartment can be assembled in separate parts
- New dash board w/realistic detail
- Side panels and tailgate of brand new cargo deck can be shown folded up or down
- Delicate and realistic new engine provided
- Brand new Magic Track
- Curved frame on cargo compartment
- Spare Winterketten tracks w/detailed surfaces on side panels
- Cabin produced in separate parts for easy assembly
- Driver's door can be assembled open/closed
- Realistic seats included
- Delicate Notek lamp reproduced
- One-piece chassis and upper hull w/accurate thickness and details
- Accurate lower hull
- Fine pattern molded on hull bottom
- Drive sprocket and mountings accurately replicated
- Engine and transmission realistically reproduced
- Detailed suspension included
- Delicate raod wheels
- Separate road wheels w/photo-etched details mounted in pairs
- Ammo case is included
- Muffler w/exhaust pipe accurately produced
Dragon has already introduced later variants of the RSO to the modeling fraternity in 1/35 scale, but now comes the most common version of this German prime mover. The acronym RSO stands for Raupenschlepper Ost, which translates as "Caterpillar Tractor East". The terrible muddy and icy conditions experienced on the Eastern Front convinced Germany of the need for a highly mobile, tracked vehicle. Steyr proposed the RSO and it immediately became a popular vehicle thanks to its mobility and reliability. In all, about 23,000 RSO vehicles were produced by a range of manufacturers. The original version had a pressed-steel cab and a typical truck-style cargo bed at the rear. It was powered by a Steyr 85hp V8 engine that offered a top speed of 30km/h.
Dragon's new 1/35 scale model depicts the standard RSO/01, this type with rounded steel cab being the best known of all the versions used by Germany. Indeed, the complex shape of the cab was created by a Japanese model-maker, and it is easily the most accurate cab available on the market today. The cab is a sophisticated piece of molding in terms of detail and measurements, with all the curves accurately reproduced in miniature. Many modelers have been waiting a long time for Dragon to produce this iconic version of the RSO, and they won't be disappointed with this new kit. For those wishing to create a dynamic Eastern Front diorama scene, this RSO tractor will prove irresistible!