Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.H w/Zimmerit Mid Production
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (31)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $90.95You pay: $59.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6611Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzer IV"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Individual Magic Tracks
- Newly tooled turret skirt molded w/Zimmerit
- Turret roof rendered w/turret skirt armor brackets
- Turret skirt and side-skirt armor plates can be installed separately
- Great detail on hull rear
- Intricate spare tracks on rear armor plate
- Spare-wheel rack w/spare-wheels on upper hull side
- One-piece 3-directional slide-molded turret
- Commander's cupola recreates structural details
- Cupola vision blocks can be assembled open/closed
- Slide-skirt armor produced in metal for scale thickness
- Side armor for air filter reproduced
- Air-intake covers have optionl of injection or photo-etched parts
- Finely detailed 7.5cm Kw.K.40 L/48 gun
- 3 directional slide-molded gun sleeve newly molded w/Zimmerit
- Detailed gun muzzle brake
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions
- Zimmerit molded on the top of side fenders
- Brackets for side-skirt armor realistically detailed
- Air filter reproduced
- Injection-molded on-vehicle tools w/crisp detail
- Final-drive housing w/details on both sides
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking detail and multiple delicate parts
- Idler wheels have detailed parts
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibit crisp detail
Dragon offers a complete lineup of the popular Panzer IV family tree in 1/35 scale. Now it is time to fill in a gap with this special variant! It's an Ausf.H Mid-Production, and it specifically represents a vehicle fighting in Normandy in 1944. One unit to field the Panzer IV H was the 12th Panzer Hitlerjugend Division, with the formation's combat debut occurring on 7 June 1944 as German forces began a ferocious defense of Caen in the Normandy area against Canadian and British units. It was one of the closest divisions to the landing beaches. When the German division eventually escaped the Falaise pocket, it had lost 42% of its personnel and 94% of its armor.
This 1/35 scale plastic kit features a number of newly tooled parts, one example being the turret side skirts that have their own layer of readymade Zimmerit. Also brand new is the frontal armor plate containing the steering-brake hatches. This too bears a coating of Zimmerit, which is beautifully sculpted and looks extremely authentic. The inclusion of Zimmerit on this kit is certainly a highlight, as it saves modelers from the time-consuming task of recreating the texture themselves. The box comes with a generous selection of Cartograf decals, all of which cover those panzer divisions operational in Normandy, including the Hitlerjugend and 2nd Panzer Divisions. For those model-makers recreating a scene from Normandy, this is the perfect foundation on which to base it!