"Hummel-Wespe" le Pz.Haub auf Hummel Fahrgestell
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (17)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Fighting compartment armor detailed both inside and out
- Lower hull made by 2-directional slide molds
- Tooled fenders with tread pattern on upper and lower surfaces
- Suspension units, road wheels and return rollers with realistic detail
- Fighting compartment rear plate is slide molded with delicate bolt detail
- Additional photo-etched parts to represent undercut bolt detail
- Soft plastic hose
- Warm-air vent is slide molded
- Photo-etched armored cover for side ventilation louvers
- Visor made from clear plastic can be positioned open/closed
- Tooled storage box for propellant charges realistically reproduced
- Driver's vision port with interior detail
- Fighting compartment interior arrangement realistically represents original vehicle
- Ammunition box and be assembled open/closed to reveal interior detail
- Ammunition box rack comes with photo-etched parts
- Accurate 10.5cm artillery shells included
- DS Tracks are newly tooled
- Road wheels and return rollers with realistic detail
- Newly rooled extra-thin gun shield and front armor authentically replicated
- Newly tooled "Hummel-Wespe" le Pz. Haub auf Hummel Fahrgestell is realistically detailed
- Model includes full internal detail in fighting compartment
- Glacis plate given extra detail made from slide molds
- Sprocket has crisp bolt detail realistically reproduced
- Fighting compartment rear door can be assembled open/closed
- Razor-edge scale thickness fighting compartment armor has extra thin top edge
- Filly detailed 10.5cm leFH18/40 gun
- Slide molded hollow gun barrel w/finely detailed muzzle brake
- Realistic gun has full detail
- Gun breech and breechblock represented in detail
- Slide-molded hollow gun barrel w/finely detailed muzzle brake
- Side ventilation louvers made as fine as possible. Slats positioned at correct angle
- Slide-molded exhaust pipes have hollow ends
- Driver's housing is accurately reproduced
- Triangular supports rendered with fine detail
'Bumble Bee' might seem an unusual nickname for a self-propelled howitzer, but that is what the Germans initially called their 15cm sFH 18 L/30 howitzer mounted on a Panzer IV chassis. The Sd.Kfz.165 Hummel, of which 714 were produced from late 1942 onwards, was created because of an urgent need for artillery that could keep pace with Germany's panzers during WWII. Interestingly, the prototype of the Hummel was originally fitted with a 10.5cm leFH18 gun, the weapon that eventually found its way onto the Wespe that was based on the Panzer II chassis. Dragon's newest 1/35 scale kit shows this "Hummel-Wespe" le Pz. Haub auf Hummel Fahrgestell armed with the 10.5cm howitzer.
Dragon has produced the standard Hummel before, but this kit has the smaller gun. Stil based on Dragon's phenomenally detailed Panzer IV chassis and hull, this new 1/35 scale kit includes a retooled fighting compartment that had a unique arrangement due to the smaller size of the 105mm artillery rounds. The ammo storage racks are also new. Also newly tooled is the gun shield. , since it isn't the normal one associated with the leFH18 howitzer. The armor plates of the fighting compartment have been made using Dragon's 'Razor Edge' technique to give a true-to-scale appearance. In this special fighting-vehicle kit, Dragon offers something unique and something different from the norm - a Hummel-Wespe hybrid!