Sd.Kfz.7 Half Track Initial Production Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (16)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Brand new German Sd.Kfz.7 Initial Production
- Intricately detailed internal mechanical components: engine, gearbox, fuel tank, compressed-air tank, suspension, exhaust and winch
- 6-cylinder engine represented by multiple parts
- Delicate engine housing
- Slide molds enable one-piece chassis frame w/support-brace detail
- Realistically produced 6-cylinder engine has internal detail
- Brake drums have detail on both sides
- Detailed gearbox has multi-part assembly
- Fully detailed steering mechanism
- Winch assembly w/rope, towing hook and actuator realistically reproduced
- Rear crossbeam w/roller and trailer coupling depicted like the real one
- Detailed winch spool has bolt and rib detail
- Finely detailed sub-frame made by slide molds w/muffler and exhaust-pipe assembly
- Suspension system as per the real vehicle; slide-molded suspension arms and springs w/delicated detail
- Front wheels w/authentic tread detail made from DS
- Sprocket w/realistic ribbed detail
- Different road wheels rendered w/delicate detail on both sides
- Photo-etched flange around sprocket wheel center
- Brand new Magic Tracks for German half-track tractor
- Track links have reinforcing structure
- Final-drive housing made from separate parts with bolt and rib detail
- New accurately shaped front fenders made from 2-directional slide mold
- Tread pattern, rifle holders and lifting rings on floor replicated
- One-piece slide-molded floor w/fender assembly
- Side panel produced to scale thickness
- One-piece side panel has bolt detail on both sides
- Bench seats w/realistic texture
- Dashboard and pedals finely detailed
- Underside of floor w/supporting braces and openings
- Spare tire in carrying frame stored under floor
- OVM w/clamps mounted on seats or sides
- Crisply detailed stowage rack on superstructure
- Detailed rifle clamps and handrails
- Finely detailed clear plastic windshield w/photo-etched wipers
- Windshield can be portrayed folded up or down
- Different doors w/bolt, hinge and handle detail
- Stowage compartment doors w/realistic detail on both sides
- Includes clear lenses for headlamps and spotlight
- Movable spotlight mimics the real one
- Photo-etched steps w/tread pattern next to front fenders
- Front tow hook details courtesy of slide mold
- Refined bolt detail on front fenders
- Realistic engine hood formed from multiple parts w/louver detail
- Detailed radiator cover w/filler cap
When Dragon released its Late Production version of the Sd.Kfz.7 8t Halftrack earlier this year (Item No. 6562), it arrived to great acclaim. This also engendered a large number of requests for the Initial Production variant which has now appeared on the scene! For model-makers desiring a 1/35 scale version of this famous halftrack, one with accurate features such as true-to-scale side panels and a correct length, this model from Dragon is the solution.
The Sonderkraftfahrzeug 7 (Sd.Kfz.7) was used by German forces throughout WWII and in all theaters of combat. It was designed to meet a requirement for a highly mobile tractor to pull 8.8cm FlaK guns and 15cm s.FH.18 howitzers. Thus the large halftrack's powerful engine could tow artillery pieces weighing up to 8 tonnes, as well as carry up to twelve soldiers and all their kit. While large numbers of this halftrack were produced during the war, there were never enough to go around. Fortunately Dragon has reincarnated this vehicle in miniature. Indeed, this is the most anticipated kit from Dragon since it was announced last year, and it's set to be the most popular version in the Sd.Kfz.7 family.
This variant allows modelers to place it in early-war dioramas such as Poland or France, as well as late-war scenes. The model is extremely accurate, and is replete with all kinds of detail, even in those places where it won't naturally be seen. An example is the engine bay, where the engine and gearbox are fully detailed beneath the hood. Many kit components are created by slide molds, resulting in accurate parts that are easily assembled. A prime mover for Dragon's s.FH.18 howitzer or 8.8cm FlaK is just one application modelers will find for this halftrack. This is a fine kit of the Sd.Kfz.7 Initial Production Halftrack, one that's been well worth the wait!