Sd.kfz.2 Kettenkrad Late, 3.7cm PaK 36 w/ Crew
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $35.50You pay: $24.29(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6446Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Kettenkraftrad"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Kettenkrad late production side hull
- Newly tooled Notek light and rear light
- Newly tooled axe and shovel
- Newly designed front driving fork and spring for Kettenkrad late production
- Newly produced one-piece DS track
- Control panel reproduced w/interior details
- Tow hook is fully represented
- Injection-molded OVM w/clasps
- Engine cover can be assembled open/closed
- Intricate engine reproduced
- Accurate superb interior details including engine and cooler
- Cooling tunnel w/sharp detail
- Intricate gearbox w/great details
- Seat cushions are injection-molded w/details
- Delicate 3.7cm PaK 36 reproduced
- True-to-scale gun shield molded w/great details
- Sprocket and idler w/correct details
- Detailed road wheel assembly
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tread pattern
- Accurate front wheel reproduced
- 4 realistic figures are included
The Sd.Kfz.2, more widely known as the Kettenkrad, is a unique German vehicle of WWII. This small vehicle built by NSU Motorenwerke AG is essentially a cross between a motorbike and a halftrack. Originally conceived in 1939 as a light gun tractor for airborne troops, it ended up being widely deployed by all kinds of German units. It also found a role in some specialist tasks such as an aircraft tug, and for laying communication cables. A total of 8345 wartime Kettenkrads were manufactured up until 1944, although production continued after the war too.
Some years ago Dragon released a couple of 1/35 scale plastic kits of the Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkrad. Now this novel and fascinating vehicle has received a makeover to bring it up to modern-day standards. The new kit features a Late Production model with the appropriate modifications such as new front driving fork, side hull. The Kettenkrad was designed as a light towing vehicle, and this is exactly what it is doing in Item No.6446, for it is towing a 3.7cm PaK 36 antitank gun. Perhaps the most eye-catching feature of this new kit is the set of brand new DS tracks. The attractive set also comes with a set of German soldiers to create an instant diorama. To make their job easier, the soldiers have newly tooled hands, while the driver is a new figure as well.