Panther Ausf.D w/Zimmerit armor
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (26)
Customize your model: (27)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Accurate weld patterns on turret with Zimmerit
- Delicate Zimmerit pattern around the upper hull
- New stowage boxes with Zimmerit detail
- Finely detailed hull bottom
- Slide-molded multi-part muzzle brake
- Intricate slide-molded front light assembly
- Suspension assembly with separate swing arms
- Idler arms can be modeled in different positions
- One-piece slide-molded track with hollow guide horns by DS
- Clear parts for cupola periscopes
- Rear hatch can be modeled open/closed
- Optional separate pistol port with chain
- Finely detailed jack
- Bonus on-vehicle tools without clasps
- Metal U-shaped tow shackles
- Photo-etched engine deck grills
- New Cartograf decal
A new Panther is born! Dragon is proud to announce the birth of an exotic German Panther not with a coat of black fur, but rather with zimmerit coating!
There was a spectacular response by modelers to the release of the Kingtiger Henschel and Kingtiger Porsche kits featuring readymade zimmerit. Requests for other tanks with such a pre-molded zimmerit coating were numerous. The result is a Panther Ausf.D that comes with full zimmerit texture on all appropriate surfaces. The coating is a masterpiece of sculpting and molding, and it equals the delicacy of a master-modeler's handiwork. This kit boasts a number of completely new parts - the turret, mantlet, upper hull, glacis, rear plate, and stowage boxes are all brand new to allow the incorporation of zimmerit.
This new kit also features one-piece DS tracks with hollow guide horns, just like the original track links. There are also a number of metal parts to help modelers accurately depict the finest of components on this famous German tank. This kit can be assembled straight from the box, with no messing around with putty and texturing tools required. For sheer convenience and accuracy, this valuable kit cannot be beaten. The Panther has been born again!