Sd.kfz.131 Panzerjager II fur PaK 40/2 "Marder II" Mid-prod
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (17)
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $66.00You pay: $42.53(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6423Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Marder"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled stowage box included
- Fighting-compartment side armor reproduced
- OVM arrangement for Marder II Mid Production
- Accurate upper hull w/fenders and engine deck in full detail
- Fully detailed hull bottom
- Fighting-compartment interior arrangement for Mader II
- Ammunition boxes w/bolt detail specific to Mid Production
- Driver's hatch can be assembled open or closed
- Photo-etched muffler guard
- Gun travel lock for Marder II Mid Production
- Suspension system unique to Mid Production
- Fighting-compartment periscopes can be assembled in raised or lowered positions
- Driver's vision port w/interior detail
- Driver's controls recreated in fine detail
- Double-layer ultra-thin gun shield w/rivets
- Driver's vision can be assembled open or closed
- Slide-molded "armor spacers"
- Recoil guard for PaK40 included
- Detailed breech can be assembled open or closed
- Authentic ZF SSG46 Aphon transmission components w/transmission housing
- Instrument panel included
- Road wheels finely detailed
- Two types of fully detailed drive sprockets
- Three types of detailed idler wheels
- Two types of plastic ammunition, shell, casings, ammo tubes (open/closed) and wooden ammo cases w/stencil decals
- Detailed injection-molded on-vehicle tools w/brackets
- Additional on-vehicle tools without brackets
- Three kinds of slide-molded muzzle brakes
- Magic Tracks reproduced with crisp detail
Dragon is proud of its newest plastic-kit version of a WWII German tank destroyer a Marder II Mid-Production vehicle. Early in the war there was an urgent need for self-propelled anti-tank platforms, especially when the Wehrmacht was confronted by well-armored enemy vehicles such as the T-34 and KV-I during the invasion of Russia. Many hybrid designs were converted from obsolete tank chassis. The Marder II was a case in point, as it was based on a Panzer II chassis. The Mid-Production version of the Marder II (Sd.Kfz.131) was armed with 7.5cm PaK 40. Some 576 Marder IIs were produced from June 1942 till June 1943, and they fought primarily on the Eastern Front.
Dragon's new 1/35 scale kit is a superb rendition of a Mid-Production variant, and it perfectly complements the Marder II released earlier. The fighting-compartment interior has been rearranged to reflect this production period, as has the on-vehicle tool arrangement. Brand new toolings for this kit include the left and right sides of the fighting compartment armor. The fine box-top illustration depicts iconic markings from an actual vehicle, and these are reproduced by Cartofgraf as high-quality decals. To suit this same specific vehicle, Dragon has produced a brand new wooden case that sits on the right-hand fender. Far more effective than a towed anti-tank gun, this Marder II is a fine exponent of Dragon's engineering expertise!