Jagdpanzer IV L/70 Smartkit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly designed side-skirt armor produced in scale thickness
- Newly tooled gun mantlet made from 4-directional slide mold
- Newly tooled fun barrel w/hollow muzzle
- Newly tooled periscope made from clear part
- Gun sight and hand wheels w/well-defined detail
- Gun breech fully detailed
- Newly tooled side denders w/fine detail on both sides
- New superstructure roof rendered w/bolt detail
- Newly tooled rear hull made from slide mold w/great detail
- Commander's hatch can be assembled open or closed
- Two options for the hatch hinges
- Both one-piece or separate periscope hatch provided to allow open or closed assembly
- Newly tooled rear armor plate
- Newly tooled air intake realistically represented
- Newly tooled spare-wheel brackets w/spare wheels
- Newly designed engine deck w/hatches that can be assembled open or closed
- Brackets for side-skirt armor realistically detailed
- Newly tooled radio set
- Newly tooled hull rear armor w/fine detail
- Extendable jack w/separate parts
- New OVM arrangement
- Two types of exhaust provided as option
- Two types of rear plate newly designed w/great detail
- One-piece lower hull made from slide molds is newly produced
- Sight rail provided as optional separate parts
- Newly tooled MP port on superstructure
- Inside of frontal armor plate w/great bolt details newly tooled
- Newly tooled one-piece superstructure made by slide mold
- Accurately detailed idler adjuster mountings
- Newly tooled convoy light on hull rear
- Travel lock newly reproduced
- New access hatches can be assembled open or closed
- Sprocket and idler wheels w/delicate detail
- Newly tooled Magic Tracks are detailed on both sides
- Resilient steel road wheels and return rollers newly designed
- Road wheels and suspension w/multiple components exhibits crisp detail
The Jagdpanzer concept so popular in Germany during the latter part of WWII created a tank destroyer that was cheaper and quicker to build than a regular turreted tank. The Jagdpanzer IV (Sd.Kfz.162/1) armed with a 7.5cm PaK42 L/70 gun entered production in August 1944. Production eventually reached more than 900 of this vehicle that soon came to be known as 'Guderian's Duck'! The vehicle was based on the chassis and drive train of the Panzer IV tank, while the 7.5cm gun without a muzzle brake was mounted in a fixed superstructure. The 25.8-tonne vehicle was popular with its crews thanks to its potent armament, good mobility and low profile, especially in the defensive fighting that characterized the latter part of WWII. The Jagdpanzer IV L/70 saw combat on the Western and Eastern Fronts, with the greatest concentration of vehicles occurring in the Ardennes Offensive.
Like the original Jagdpanzer IV, Dragon's 1/35 scale kit is based on the chassis of the Panzer IV. Considering the high quality of Dragon's Panzer IV kits, this is a huge plus. The accurate components of chassis and running gear are combined with a new fighting compartment and engine deck to create this sleek tank destroyer. However, the front two road wheels have been newly tooled so as to represent the resilient road wheels that were used to bear the extra weight imposed by the larger gun and thicker frontal armor. To go with the running gear, brand new lightweight track links are included. The 7.5cm gun is fully represented, including the breech that can be seen through open hatches. The side skirts are innovatively produced in metal to enable a true-to-scale thickness. At the rear end of the vehicle, new exhaust pipes are finely produced by slide molds. This is a distinctive German armored vehicle of WWII, and Dragon's 1/35 kit is outstanding in its own right!