Panzerjager I 4.7cm PaK(t) Early Production Smart Kit
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Customize your model: (13)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $56.95You pay: $38.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6258Scale: 1/35View all products of type "Panzerjager"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled multi-piece upper hull and engine deck for authentic details
- Newly tooled one-piece fighting-compartment armor made by 3-directional slide-molds
- "Ultra-Slim" injection-molded armor plate
- New fighting-compartment interior w/photo-etched parts
- Easy-to-assemble upper hull
- Engine deck exquisitely detailed
- Engine hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Realistic ammo box, gasmask container, radio and first-aid kit included
- Photo-etched engine deck stowage bracket
- Delicate ammo boxes w/finely detailed crewman's seat
- Realistically reproduced brake cooling pipe w/fine detail
- Upper hull view port can be assembled open/closed
- Driver's vision port can be displayed open/closed
- Lower hull formed from multiple parts for greater detail
- Side fenders w/detailed tread pattern
- MG bracket finely represented by photo-etched parts
- Muzzle brake reproduced by slide molds
- Delicate 4.7cm PaK(t) reproduced
- Gun breech and recoil guard fully reproduced
- Fully detailed gun w/breech assembly
- Gun sight in fine detail
- Realistic elevation mechanism allows gun to elevate
- Gun shield comes w/bolt detail
- PaK(t) gun carriage accurately represents the real one
- Driver's compartment interior includes details such as intrument panel, transmission, battery and driver's seat
- Ammo box including ammunition rounds can be shown open/closed
- OVM w/molded-on clasps
- Hollowed exhaust pipe w/photo-etched exhaust cover
- Coil spring suspension has fine detail
- Intricate idler wheels accurately reproduced
- Realistically reproduced road wheels w/photo-etched rings
- Highly detailed suspension system
- Magic Tracks in great detail
When WWII broke out in 1939, Germany relied heavily on the 3.7cm PaK 36 antitank gun. However, this puny weapon was no match for armored vehicles like the French Char B1 or British Matilda II. One solution was to mount the more powerful Skoda 4.7cm PaK(t) gun on the chassis of the Panzer I Ausf.B. This had a double advantage - a more capable antitank weapon was created, and it permitted an extended use of obsolete Panzer I tank chassis. Called the Panzerjager I, this new vehicle was Germany's first of many tank destroyer designs. Between March 1940 and February 1941, 202 such Panzerjager I vehicles were converted in time for service in the Battle of France, in North Africa, and in the invasion of Russia. By the end of 1943, the Panzerjager I had been phased out. The Skoda 4.7cm PaK(t) gun was mounted in an open-topped Panzer I fighting compartment with its original gun shield still affixed.
Dragon's latest 1/35 scale plastic kit shows an Early Production version of the Panzerjager I 4.7cm PaK(t). As such, the kit depicts a vehicle built by Alkett in 1940, characterized by a five-sided armored shield. The fighting compartment is created by Dragon using a brand new three-directional slide mold. Not only does this molding allow full detail, but it also incorporates Dragon's highly praised Razor Edge technology to induce a scale thickness to the armored shield. The engine deck has been correctly rearranged to reflect the configuration of an Early Production vehicle. Photo-etched parts are included for elements like the exhaust muffler cover, while the tank destroyer includes finely detailed parts from previously released Panzer I kits. The Panzerjager I also boasts a set of easy-to-assemble Magic Tracks. All in all, Dragon has supplied modelers with a much more effective tank destroyer for their next project!