The Spanish Civil War 1936-39 (2)
48 page book.
Other products to consider
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA498View all products of type "Wars"
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
The Spanish Civil War was the curtainraiser to World War II and involved a complex collection of forces, particularly on the Republican side. This title illustrates how diverse the Republican forces were, drawn from loyal elements of the Spanish army that rejected the appeal of the rebel generals, a wide range of volunteer regional units and political militias, and supported by volunteers from many other countries, including Great Britain, France and Germany, in units known as the International Brigades. The wide range of equipment and uniforms worn by these troops is revealed, as is, the organization of militias into conventional brigades and divisions. Featuring specially commissioned full-colour artwork, this second part of a two-part study depicts the fighting men of the Republican forces and examples of their foreign comrades.
- Introduction: historical background
- Chronology of major events, 1931-39
- Republican Troops: organization, orders of battle; uniforms, weapons, equipment
- People's Militias: FAI, CNT, UHP, POUM
- the People's Army
- International Brigades - Regional troops: Basque forces, Catalan forces
- Security troops: Guardia de Asalto, Cuerpo de Seguridad
- Republican Navy
- Republican Air Force
- Select bibliography
- Plate commentaries