Modelling the Challenger 1 and 2 MBT and Variants
80 page book.
DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $20.95You pay: $14.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MOD29View all products of type "Challenger"
Authors: Graeme Davidson Pat Johnston
About this book
Introduced to the British Army in 1983, Challenger Main Battle Tanks have served operationally in the Balkans and both Gulf Wars, where their firepower, protection and shock action were instrumental to the success of British forces. In addition to the familiar gun tanks, the Challenger family encompasses the Rhino Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle (ARRV), highly modified Desert Challenger 2s operated by the Royal Army of Oman and the radical Falcon 2 being developed by the Jordanian Army. This book covers a wide range of these variants, with each chapter presenting a different build using colour photos to illustrate scratch-building, painting and weathering techniques across a variety of skill levels.
- Challenger 1 Mk 3, Kings Royal Hussars, Op Agricola, c.1999
- Challenger 2, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, Op Telic c.2003
- Challenger 1 Mk 3, 4th Armoured Brigade, Op Granby c.1991
- Desert Challenger 2, 1st Tank Regiment, Royal Army of Oman, Ex 'Saif Sareea II' c.2001
- Challenger Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle, 32 Regt RE, Op Grapple, United Nations Protection Force, Bosnia-Herzegovina c.1995
- Challenger 2, Royal Dragoon Guards, Op Telic, c.2005
- Falcon 2 AB9C5, 7th Tank Battalion, 99th Armoured Brigade, Jordanian Army
- Further reading
- Kits and accessories
Paperback; May 2006; 80 pages; ISBN: 9781841769271