Ukrainian Armies 1914-55
48 page book.
Other products to consider: (30)
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $17.95You pay: $12.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP MAA412View all products of type "Armies" Authors:
Eugene Pinak Peter Abbott
About this book
There can be no region in Europe whose history has been more tortured than Ukraine. During the 20th century Austria, Poland, Russia, Germany, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Romania vied for power over parts of this vast and fragmented area; and its divided peoples rose time and again in vain attempts to win their independence. For the first time in the West, this book gives a succinct summary of all the different armed forces raised among the Ukrainians, and of their uniforms and insignia. These are illustrated in colour and in a selection of extremely rare photographs, dating from the Great War to the aftermath of World War II, when Ukrainian guerrillas continued to defy the Soviet authorities until the mid-1950s.
- World War I
- Ukrainian units of the Austro-Hungarian and Russian armies
- The first struggles for independence - the Ukrainian National Republic 1917-21 - the Western Ukrainian Republic 1918-20
- World War II - Carpathia-Ruthenia 1938-39
- Ukrainian units in the Wehrmacht, Polizei & Waffen-SS
- Ukrainian National Army 1945
- Aftermath - the Ukrainian Insurgent Army 1941-56
Paperback; September 2004; 48 pages; ISBN: 9781841766683