Vietnam ANZACs Australian & New Zealand Troops in Vietnam 1962-72
64 page book.
DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $18.95You pay: $13.69(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Osprey BooksStock Number: OSP ELI103View all products of type "Armies"
About this book
The part played by Australian and New Zealand troops in the Vietnam War is sometimes overlooked; but it is generally accepted that the 'Diggers' and 'Kiwis' were among the most effective and professional troops involved. Drawing upon the ANZACs' long experience in the jungles of South East Asia, the men of the Task Force used their expertise in patrol tactics to great effect to frustrate Viet Cong operations. Meanwhile the ANZACs' small and isolated adviser teams spent ten years passing on their skills all over South Vietnam, and in the process four were awarded the supreme decoration for valour - the Victoria Cross. This book pays tribute to their military prowess, and describes and illustrates their uniforms and equipment in unprecedented detail.
- Background to Australian/NZ involvement in Vietnam through ANZUS treaty commitments
- Operations of Australian Army Training Team from 1962, NZATT from 1970
- Operations of ANZAC units with US 173rd Abn Bde, 1965
- Independent operations of 1 Australian Task Force, Phuc Toy province, from 1966
- The ANZAC Way - Australian/NZ tactics in jungle warfare
- Complete Order of Battle of Australian/NZ units in Vietnam
- Uniforms and equipment - evolution from early Australian issue, through evaluation of mixed US/ANZAC gear, to development of new ANZAC items
Paperback; May 2004; 64 pages; ISBN: 9781841767024