96 page book.
Other products to consider: (35)
About this book
The port of Balaclava was crucial in maintaining the supply lines for the Allied siege of Sevastapol. The Russian attack in October 1854 therefore posed a major threat to the survival of the Allied cause. This book examines in detail the crucial battle of Balaclava, including: the attack on the redoubts; the action of the thin red line in which an assortment of about 700 British troops, some invalids, were abandoned by their Turkish allies; the subsequent charge of the Heavy Brigade; and the most famous part of the battle: the infamous charge of the Light Brigade.
- Preparation: Advance to Balaclava
- Prelude to Battle
- Phase 1: Fall of the Redoubts
- Phase 2: The Thin Red Line
- Phase 3: Charge of the Heavy Brigade
- Phase 4: Charge of the Light Brigade
- Aftermath: Counting the Cost
- A Guide to Further Reading
- Wargaming Balaclava
Paperback; September 1990; 96 pages; ISBN: 9780850459616