Guide To Livestock & Meatpacking
88 page book.
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
Delve into the history of the meat packing industry and trace the role of railroads in hauling livestock and meat products. Livestock traffic, stockyard operations, dedicated meat train operations, regulations, and scheduling are just a few of the topics covered. Learn about refrigerator cars and stock, and see rarely published historical photos.
- Includes 100+ prototype photos, some dating back to the early 1900s
- Features charts and maps of stockyard locations
- Contains modeling tips, suggestions, and resources included for each chapter
Author: Jeff Wilson
Softcover; 8 1/4 x 10 3/4; 88 pages; 170 black and white photos; 30 color photos; ISBN: 9780890248676
- Industry history
- Stock cars
- Meat refrigerator cars
- Cattle pens and stockyards
- Packing plants and branch houses
- Livestock operations
- Meat traffic