Realistic Animation, Lighting & Sound 2nd Edition
96 page book.
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This completely redesigned edition helps modelers use today's technology to add interest and action to their model railroad layouts. Enthusiasts learn how to install streetlights and building lights, use fiber optics, and simulate neon sign lighting. A working coal tipple, a spinning windmill, and a wig-wag crossing signal are just a few of the projects included.
Author: From Model Railroader
Softcover; 8 1/4 x 10 3/4; 96 pages; 140 color photos; ISBN: 9780890248638
- Animation on the Lone Pine & Tonopah
- Build a working wig-wag signal
- How to animate overhead doors
- Simple rotating signs
- Build an operating tunnel curtain
- Moving vehicles for your HO or N layout
- Build an operating windmill
- Build a working track scale
- Operating gates for industrial spurs
- Working 3-position semaphores
- Add video animation to structures
- Loading and unloading coal
- Modeling platform and building lights
- Add lights to your structures
- Lighting scenes on your model railroad
- Painted power
- Pickup lights and a campfire
- Light passenger car interiors with DCC
- Train-order signals with DCC
- Light up the night with neon
- Fiber optics in model railroading
- Layouts should be seen...and heard!