FH-18 Howitzer w/ Limber
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $63.95You pay: $42.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Dragon ModelsStock Number: DML 6392Scale: 1/35View all products of type "sFH-18"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
About the sFH 18 Howitzer
- Either combat or travel modes can be selected for assembly
- Newly designed trails to tow sFH 18 Howitzer in travel mode
- Aluminum gun barrel with hollow end
- Gun can elevate to different angles
- Gun recoils like the real one
- Slide-molded recoil system
- Gun breech is newly designed
- Breechblock represented in detail
- Fully detailed gun cradle mount is slide molded
- Periscope gun sight in clear plastic
- Photo-etched components for gun that allow it to elevate
- Hand wheels reproduced in detail
- Slide-molded gun trails with beautiful detail
- Crisp nut and bolt detail represented
- Trail spades fully detailed
- Two options for assembly of trail spades : combat or travel mode
- Toolboxes on gun trails included
- Traversing gear realistically represented
- New suspension for sFH 18 Howitzer with steering mechanism
- Slide-molded wheels with weld detail
- Nuts sharply represented on road wheels
- Cleaning rods for sFH 18 Howitzer are newly designed
- Lathed brass parts to upgrade details
- New ranging poles included
- New firing lanyard
- OVM tools specific to sFH 18 Howitzer are newly tooled
- Gr.19 and Gr.19 Schwere Betongranate (concrete-piercing) rounds included as bonus
- Propellant charges included
- Protective wicker cases for rounds included
- New Cartograf Decal
Artillery is often termed "The King of the Battlefield", and this was no less true in WWII. Germany's 15cm sFH 18 (sFH stands for schwere Feld Haubitze or "Heavy Field Howitzer") was the standard heavy howitzer throughout the war. Nicknamed Immergren ("Evergreen"), it was based on the sFH 13 of WWI vintage. Widely used by the Army, the 5.5-ton weapon was also employed by the Navy in coastal defense positions. A total of 7,400 howitzers were manufactured through to the end of the war, each capable of hurling a 15cm shell out to a maximum range of 13km. The sFH 18 also happened to be the world's first artillery system to make use of a rocket-assisted projectile (RAP).
About this kit
Dragon's new 1/35 scale model of an sFH 18 howitzer could be referred to as the king of model artillery! It's a completely new kit, designed from the ground up. It's the culmination of thorough research carried out on the real gun, combined with top-notch design and high-tech tooling. The in-depth design process means it's an accurate kit and extremely easy to assemble. Modelers will remember the extraordinary level of quality attained by Dragon's 88mm Flak kits, and this 15cm sFH 18 is set to cause a similar sensation. To enhance its appeal, and to allow modelers even greater liberty, the ammunition limber is included in the kit. This means modelers are able to create an impressive diorama, especially if a full crew of 12 is added to the equation. This same gun system was also fitted on the Hummel, but this newest kit focuses on the conventional split-trail gun carriage that saw widespread service in WWII. Modelers could display their howitzer on the Western or Eastern Front, or in the North African or Mediterranean theaters. Long live this new king of artillery kits!