Westland Wessex HAS Mk.3
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $23.95You pay: $19.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4898Scale: 1/48View all products of type "UH-34 Sea Horse"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
From 1967 onwards the Westland Wessex HAS Mk3 was used by the Royal Navy in the Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) role. Developed from the S-58, the HAS Mk3 received a more powerful version of the Napier Gazelle engine, a new radar system and a comprehensive flight control system. Due to the characteristic radome on top of the fuselage she was nicknamed "The Camel". The last successful deployment of the Wessex HAS Mk3 was during the Falklands War. In 1983 they were decommissioned. "Humphrey" of No. 737 NAS aboard HMS Antrim gained fame by sinking an Argentinian submarine.
- Recessed fuselage Panel Joints
- Detailed Cockpit with Instrument Panel
- A choice of Interior Seats for the Cabin
- External Torpedo Pylons
- Moving Main and Tail Rotors
- Detailed Undercarriage
- Rescue Winch
- Radome on the Fuselage
- A Choice of Engine Cowling with or without Front Intake
Decal Sets for 2 Royal Navy Versions, No. 706 NAS and No. 737 NAS "Humphrey":
- Westland Wessex HAS.3, No.706 Naval Air Squadron, RNAS Culdrose, UK, 1968
- Westland Wessex HAS.3, No.737 Naval Air Squadron, HMS Antrim, Falkland Island, 1982 & FAA Museum, RNAS Yeovilton, UK