USS New York LPD-21
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
To honor the victims of 9/11, the bow was formed using about 7 tons of steel salvaged from the World Trade Center.
This is the only time this USS San Antonio-class ship has been kitted in large scale.
Total parts 712 . Breaking that down- Ship itself 406, Aircraft parts 108 Landing craft 79 and photo etched parts 119. Even a length of real chain for the anchors!
Gallery's models are remarkable in that they need no extra expensive aftermarket details to finish a smashing model. It's all there ready to go when you open the box- everything you could want. Pretty special from a buyer's perspective.
Accessory equipment included:
- Two LCAC hovercraft
- One LCU landing craft
- Two USMC AAV-7 Amphibious Assault Vehicles
Ship's aircraft include:
- Two AH-1W Cobra gunships
- Two MV-22 Osprey tilt-rotors (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two CH-53E Helicopters (with extra parts for folded-blade display)
- Two UH-1N Huey helicopters
Some great features:
- Position-able stern ramps opening into a superbly detailed Well deck to display the two amazing LCAC hovercraft
- Multiple small Zodiac-type boats
- Fully detailed aircraft hangar deck with position-able door
- All the life rafts and other small deck details that make the model come alive
- Ship has the latest self-defense missile, gun and electronic systems
- Even the overhead structure is represented in the ships internal areas like the well deck and hangar deck
- Kit includes two photo-etched frets of fine details like ladders, railings and vent grilles