Japanese Cruiser Mogami
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (27)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $208.00You pay: $134.91(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 78021Scale: 1/350View all products of type "Mogami Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The unique Japanese Navy Aircraft Carrying Cruiser Mogami was built in compliance with the London Naval Treaty following WWI. She was initially equipped with 15.5cm cannons (5x3) and was completed in July 1935. The 15.5cm cannons were later replaced with 3x20.3cm cannons transforming the Mogami into a heavy cruiser. During WWII, the Mogami took part in numerous operations such as the Malay landing operation, the Battle of Sunda Strait, and the Battle of Midway. However, it was at Midway where the Mogami suffered extensive damage and during repairs, a flight deck that could accommodate 11 floatplanes was fitted. After sustaining heavy damage from the US fleet during the Battle of Leyte, her crew abandoned ship and she was scuttled with torpedoes.
About the Model
- This is a 1/350 scale assembly kit model.
- You can choose to construct either a waterline or full hull display model.
- Assembly of the deck and hull for such a large model is difficult, but this kit includes reinforcing frame parts and screws to enable accurate assembly.
- The display stand securely attaches to the ships hull via screws.
- The metal name plate enhances the finish of the model.
- Parts for 11 highly detailed Aichi E13A floatplanes are included and stands are also Included to enable display of 6 floatplanes in flying position around the ship.
- The bridge windows and search light lens are made of transparent parts.
- High quality photo-etched parts depict details such as floatplane propellers and crane are included.
- The masts and radio antennas are made of reinforced ABS resin. The aft mast can be removed thanks to polycaps for easy storage. Metal plated shaft is used for the screw shaft. The anchor and chain are also depicted with metal parts.
- Machine gun parts feature laser processing for a sharper, more realistic finish.
- Parts are included to depict main gun barrels at 2 different elevation levels. Polycaps enable switching of gun turrets as well as free turret rotation for a variety of displays.