USS Coronado LCS4 Littoral Combat Ship
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Customize your model: (16)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $32.95You pay: $22.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: CyberHobby Stock Number: CHC 7108Scale: 1/700View all products of type "Independence Class"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled MH-53E
- Newly produced MK-105
- Detailed integrated ISR suite delicately represented
- Hull-side door can be assembled open/closed
- Hangar is hollow to allow accommodation of helicopter
- Dimensionally accurate flight deck represented in detail
- Photo-etched safety netting surrounds the flight deck
- Detailed flight deck includes signal lights
- Optional MK 41 launcher authentically produced
- True-to-scale SeaRAM including 11-cell launcher and Phalanx CIWS delicately represented
- Bow anchor correctly depicted
- Hangar door can be assembled open/closed
- Stern doors can be assembled open/closed
- Realistic life raft containers and brackets provided
- Waterline or full-hull version can be assembled
- Display stand included for display of full-hull version
- Delicate MQ-8 included
- Intricate trimaran hull consists of main hull and two outrigger hulls
- One-piece slide-molded superstructure accurately represented
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/both waterline & full-hull versions available
Dragon has already released a 1/700 scale kit of USS Independence (LCS-2), the prototypical Independence-class Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). Now, Dragon is following up with an identically scaled plastic kit of USS Coronado (LCS-4). What is most remarkable about this kit is that LCS-4 is still under construction, with it not expected to enter service until May 2012. This means model-makers will get their hands on this ship long before the US Navy does! Its primary missions will include mine, anti-submarine and surface warfare depending on what mission package modules are installed on the ship.
Based on the very popular LCS-2 kit, Item No. 7108 shares many of its extremely accurate components. However, it has been modified where appropriate to reflect any changes introduced in LCS-4. To make it even more distinctive, the ship comes with some newly tooled items such as an MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter equipped with an MK-105 Mod 4 Magnetic Minesweeping System, more commonly known as the "sled". This hydrofoil-type device is towed along the ocean's surface by a Sea Dragon during minesweeping operations. As well as this, the kit also boasts an MQ-8 Fire Scout rotary-winged unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). With all these accessories, this new kit of the future USS Coronado couldn't be any more advanced!