USS Independence LCS-2
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (4)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Waterline or full-hull version can be assembled
- Realistic lift raft canisters and brackets are provided
- Detailed integrated ISR Suite parts presented accurately
- Optional hangar door can be assembled open/closed
- Hangar can allow accomondation for the helicopters
- Waterjets w/accurate details
- MQ-8B UAV included
- SH-60S delicately produced
- Bow anchor w/correct detail
- Integrated command and control tower
- Realistic 57mm gun muzzle w/hollow end bt slide-mold
- Photo-etched parts details for the front upper hull
- 32 missile verticle launch system
- Mine detection sonar can display open/closed
- Detailed MK 137 launcher included
- Decoy launching and air defence Sea-Ram system w/accurate details
- Display stand is included
USS Independence (LCS-2) is a revolutionary ship in the modern-day US Navy fleet. Indeed, it is a prototypical design in the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) program that will eventually see dozens of ships added to the USN inventory. The vessel is based on an Australian-designed trimaran hull that was developed and built by a consortium led by General Dynamics. The unique 127m-long trimaran configuration allows a top speed of more than 74km/h. USS Independence, optimized as a small assault transport vessel, operates with a crew of 40 sailors. A variety of mission and weapon modules can be interchanged to allow the ship to perform various missions as required. It carries a pair of MH-60S Seahawk helicopters too, as well as extensive and flexible payload areas that can transport a variety of cargo and vehicles. After a contract was awarded in July 2003, the 2176-ton ship was eventually commissioned into USN service in January 2010.
Cyber Hobby is pleased to announce the release of a 1/350 scale plastic kit of USS Independence. The sharp and angular silhouette of the ship is captured perfectly in this newly tooled model, with the complicated shape truly reproduced thanks to the use of detailed CAD drawings. Slide-mold technology is widely employed, which has major benefits for the assembly process. The deck and bridge, for example, are made from a single injected piece of plastic. Modelers can also elect to produce a waterline or full-hull version of the ship. Naturally, the kit includes an MH-60S helicopter that can even be taxied into the hangar. In addition to the hangar that can be shown open, the hull-side and stern doors can also be displayed open or closed depending on the modeler's choice. Plus there is a generous selection of photo-etched parts to finish off this fine model. USS Independence is a significant new ship design for the USN-and so is this 1/350 scale kit, as far as modelers are concerned!