Japanese Food Supply Ship Mamiya
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (19)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Mamiya was originally meant to be an oil transporter but was instead outfitted to be a food supply ship. The Navy sent her to the Kawasaki Shipbuilding Yard where she was fitted with facilities for carrying enough food for 18,000 men over three weeks, and kitchens to produce large quantities of food including yokan, manju, tofu, and konyaku. A number of chefs and pastry chefs were employed aboard and she became part of the Combined Fleet.
- Waterline hull
- New mold for wartime fit
- About overall width 215mm X 26mm X height 57mm total length
- Small parts such as ventilation tower on deck precisely reproduced
- Bridge windows reproduced in clear plastic
- Target ship characteristic shape is also mounted on the deck
- Room arrangement of the ship also partially replicated