Mclaren Ford MP4/8
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (22)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $46.00You pay less than: $36.80Add to cart to see actual sales price.Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 25172Scale: 1/20View all products of type "Formula 1"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This is a Limited Edition Re-Release of the McLaren Honda MP4/8 Formula One model kit. The original kit was released in late 1993 and it is once again available for a limited time.
The MP/8 was developed for the 1993 Formula One season. The car made its race debut in the opening round in South Africa. The car utilized such technological advances as active suspension and a semi-automatic transmission, which applied optimal gear control tailored to the race circuit. After numerous years with Honda, power was supplied by a reliable Ford HV V8 engine. 5 victories on the season was a satisfying return for the British based constructor, although once again the car fell just short of the heights of a Driver's or Constructor's Championship.
- The balanced aerodynamic form of the car has been accurately recreated.
- Rear cowling can be removed after completion of assembly to view the Ford V8 engine reproduction.
- Cockpit side air fences are included.
- Features ABS resin suspension arms.
- Semi-pneumatic tires faithfully recreate the 15-inch tires used in the 1990's era.
- Marking options include A. Senna, M. Andretti and M. Hakkinen machines.