Ballade Sports CR-X 1.5i
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $37.00You pay: $24.48(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 24040Scale: 1/24View all products of type "Civic"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Honda Ballade CR-X was a two-seater with compact proportions which debuted in July 1983. The hatchback body had a drag coefficient of just 0.33 and incorporated high-strength, yet lightweight materials. The CR-X was powered by either a 1.3-liter or 1.5-liter 4-cylinder engine. The latter was equipped with the same PGM-F1 electronic fuel injection system as Honda's F-1 racing engines, which allowed the 1,488cc engine to produce 110hp and push the CR-X to a top speed of 180km/h. Suspension-wise, the CR-X was equipped with a front strut-type suspension with a torsion bar to enable a low nose profile, as well as a rear rigid-type suspension with trailing arms and a Panhard rod. This simple and effective set-up gave the CR-X superb road-holding characteristics and contributed to its reputation as a fun-to-drive sports car.
About the Model:
- The aerodynamic form of the CR-X has been accurately reproduced.
- Sunroof can be depicted in either open or closed position even after assembly.
- Cabin features realistically depicted seats and dashboard.
- Chassis undersurface features detailed suspension.
- Solid synthetic rubber tires with realistic tread pattern are mounted on metal-plated wheels.