Yamaha YZR-M1 50th Anniversary
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $70.00You pay: $46.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 14114Scale: 1/12View all products of type "YZR-M1"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Yamaha YZR-M1 50th Anniversary U.S Edition features the distinctive yellow and black strobe pattern of the Yamaha International Corporation. Kenny Robert's YZR500, which won three consecutive 500cc Grand Prixs featured this color scheme in 1978. The Gauloises Team Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Colin Edwards rode this special edition bike in the 2005 MotoGP Round 8, U.S. Grand Prix. American driver, Edwards, took a 2nd place finish, while Rossi placed 3rd. In 2005, Rossi claimed the Riders Championship. The YZR-M1 underwent drastic improvements and modification, in 2005. The engine was improved to feature a 4 stroke in-line 4 cylinder 990cc engine, which improved top speed and fuel efficiency. The fuel tank was mounted lower and the rear shocks attached directly to the crankcase to create optimum weight concentration in the center of the bike. Other improvements included shock absorbing capabilities, refined brakes and torque control systems.
Specs & Features
- Assembly kit model of the history-making 2005 Yamaha YZR-M1 U.S. Intercoloring Edition ridden by Valentino Rossi.
- Length: 172mm, Width: 56mm.
- Cowlings can be removed even after assembly to showcase the meticulously detailed interior.
- The compact 990cc 4-cylinder engine, twin-tube delta frame, and rear suspension setup are all accurately reproduced.
- Synthetic rubber tires.
- Top quality Cartograf decals included.