Honda CR450R Motorcrosser w/ Rider
Unassembled plastic model kit
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $48.00You pay: $32.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 14018Scale: 1/12View all products of type "Motocross"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
We have lift-off!
Honda released the 1981 production bike model of the CR450R to compete in 500cc class motocross races. Its 431cc air-cooled 2-stroke engine was a single cylinder unit and at the time had the highest output on offer among Honda production motocross models at 51.5hp. The semi-double cradle frame used Honda's own Pro-Link rear suspension. However, it wasn't just about power- a dry weight of just 104kg complemented the engine and made the lightweight CR450R the choice of many 500cc motocross racers across the world. The 1983 model received a 472cc engine and evolved into the CR480R.
About the Model
- This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Honda CR450R motocrosser. Length: 177mm, width: 77mm, height: 102mm.
- The tall, slimline form of the bike is masterfully captured.
- Honda's Pro-Link rear suspension is accurately recreated, and employs a metal spring.
- Synthetic rubber tires employ a realistic block pattern.
- Comes with a figure depicting a motocross rider in jumping pose, and the bike can be depicted in mid-air using the included stand.