Tyrrell 003 1971 Monaco GP
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (7)
Don't forget building supplies!
Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $143.00You pay: $94.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 12054Scale: 1/12View all products of type "Formula 1"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
This F-1 model kit uses past Tamiya Tyrrell 003 models as a base, and features all-new parts to depict the 003 as it appeared in the Monaco GP of 1971.
The Tyrrell team made their Formula One entrance in 1968 using the Matra Ford and quickly achieved excellent results, with a drivers' championship for Jackie Stewart the next season. From the 11th race of 1970 F-1 season in Canada, the team introduced the in-house designed 001, which paved the way for the 003 and 002 cars piloted in 1971 by Jackie Stewart and F. Cevert respectively. While a unique integrated front wing and nose caught everyone's attention, the Tyrrell 003 chassis at heart was an orthodox, reliable design. Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season's drivers' and constructors' titles.
- The model expertly captures the flat "hammer head" nose of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
- Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed after assembly.
- Movable front and rear suspension incorporates coil springs.
- Exquisite rendering of DFV engine recreates pipes and wiring.
- Photo-etched parts included to depict brake disc, radiator, fastener and seatbelt buckle parts. Metal parts capture mirror stalks.
- Comes with high quality Cartograf decals.