'74 McLaren M23 w/Photoetched Parts
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (7)
Don't forget building supplies!
DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $174.00You pay: $116.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 12045Scale: 1/12View all products of type "Formula 1"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Replacing the McLaren M19 in 1973 was the formidable M23 which was used for four years until it was eventually replaced in 1977 with the M26. The M23 earned McLaren the Constructors' Championship in 1974 as well as two Drivers' Championships in 1974 (James Hunt) and 1976 (Emerson Fittipaldi). The M23 was also driven by MotoGP legend Mike Hailwood who won third place at the 1974 South African Grand Prix.
Specs & Features
- 36 years after it was originally released, Tamiya is proud to re-release the 1/12 scale plastic assembly model kit of the legendary McLaren M23.
- The sleek body has been realistically reproduced.
- The front cowling, cockpit fairing, and induction box are all removable.
- The steering wheel is linked to the front wheels to allow movement.
- The Ford-Cosworth DFV 2,993cc V8 engine, including the fuel pipes and ignition cords, are all realistically reproduced.
- Movable front and rear suspensions feature coil springs.
- Cloth-texture seatbelt stickers and photo-etched seat buckles highlight the cockpit area.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict details such as front and rear brake discs.
- Decals for No.5 and No.6 cars are included.
- Slick tires are made with synthetic rubber.