Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model: (14)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $34.00You pay: $27.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 7256Scale: 1/24View all products of type "Trabant 601"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Trabant 601, the third and most built model of the Trabant range, was made from 1964 onwards at the VEB Sachsenring Automobilwerke Zwickau. Its external appearance had the trapezium shape that was customary at the beginning of the 60s. For the body shell Duroplast was used, a material based on plastic and cotton. The 601 was powered by an air-cooled two-cylinder two-stroke engine, with an unmistakably noisy gear shift, which is as easy to see under the opening bonnet of the model as the crook-handled gear stick in the interior. To begin with the air-cooled engine offered 23 hp which was increased to 26 in 1969. Witha total build of over 2.8 million, this Trabant 601, which was produced with only minor modifications until 1990, was the mass-produced people's car of the former GDR.
- True-to-original reproduction of bodywork with fine surface details
- Separate, opening bonnet
- Detailed multi-part engine
- Separate exhaust assembly
- Detailed interior with dashboard, seats with headrests and rear seat
- Removable roof
- Movable wheels
- True-to-original reproduction of wheel rims
- Movable boot lid
- Detailed chassis
- Simulated rubber tyres and spare wheel
- Instructions and authentic decals with different markings (DDR, CS, PL, HUN, A, D)