Spitfire Mk.VIII Profi-pack
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (40)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $49.95You pay: $36.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: EduardStock Number: EDU 8284Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Spitfire"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Mk VIII was an adaptation of the Mk VII without the pressurised cabin, and was intended to become the main production model of the Spitfire. Kit features extremely refined engraving on the surface detail, detailed cockpit, separate control surfaces, option to open or close cowling, choice of 2 different rudders, choice of 2 different tail planes, choice of landing gear, variety of wing armament, choice of open or closed canopy, 2 exhaust stack versions, four bladed detailed propeller and lots of intricate detail. Kit also comes with masking for canopy and a color ZOOM PE sheet, representing bulk head and armor plate, harness, colored instrument panel and console.
Two sheets are included with stenciling and the option to build one of the following versions:
- Spitfire Mk. VIII - LF Mk.VIII, MD280, Flown by F/Lt. Paul Ostrander, No. 155 Squadron RAF, Burma, 1945
- Spitfire Mk. VIII - F Mk.VIII, JF470, 31st Fighter Group, 308th Fighter Squadron, Fano Air Base, Italy, 1944 - 1945
- Spitfire Mk. VIII - F Mk.VIII, JF330, Flown by AVM Harry Broadhurst, 1943
- Spitfire Mk. VIII - F Mk.VIII, JF404, No. 32 Squadron RAF, Foggia Air Base, Italy, Early 1944
- Spitfire Mk. VIII 1/48 - LF Mk.VIII, MT714, Flown by F/Lt A. W. Guest, No. 43 Squadron RAF, Ramatuelle Air Field, France, August, 1944
- Spitfire Mk. VIII 1/48 - HF Mk.VIII, Flown by with C Robert Gibbes, CO of No. 80 Fighter Wing, Dutch East Indies, 1945