Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (8)
Customize your model: (22)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $63.95You pay: $42.89(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: CyberHobby Stock Number: CHC 5555Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Me-110"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Highly detailed twin-engine heavy fighter-bomber with accurate 1:48 scale
- Leading edges can be slid down for optional assembly
- Three different depths of panel lines exhibit astonishing level of minute detail
- Aileron can be assembled in different position
- Realistic canvas pattern on tailfin w/authentic details
- Wing-mounted furl tank for Bf110D
- Rudder represents the real one
- Detailed inspection covers with rivets
- Large diameter tailwheel for Bf110D
- Carefully reproduced oval-shaped tailfin specific to Bf110D
- Detailed fuselage with sharp detail
- Fuselage possesses metal-skinned detail
- Wings represent laminar-flow airfoil shape
- Detailed wind gauges on underside of wing
- Propeller blades with curved cross-section and true-to-scale thickness
- Cockpit canopy with realistic detail
- Cockpit canopy antenna finely detailed
- Cockpit canopy can be positioned open/closed
- Detailed rear gunner position and MG15
- Detailed slide-molded engine cowling cover has maximum detail
- Realistically detailed gun barrels are slide molded with hollow ends
- Realistic radiator vents included
- Air filter has fine detail
- Two ETC500 bombs and pylons precisely reproduced under the fuselage
- Detailed under-wing air intakes and vents
- Instrument panel authentically detailed
- Pilot's seatbelt upgraded by photo-etched parts
- Landing gear can be assembled in taxiing or folded position
- Strengthened landing gear realistically portrayed
- Wheels have realistic tread detail
- Landing gear compartment with interior detail-struts delicately rendered
- Full cockpit interior details - pilot's seat, instrument panel, radio and MG ammo included
- Intricate MG ammo included - double-drums for MG 15, round drums for MG FF
- Antenna devices located on underside of fuselage - loop antenna, antenna array and antenna mast
- Includes finely detailed mounting ladder
- Two drum-fed MG FF cannons under the fuselage
- Four MG 17 weapons for interior of upper nose
Dragon's Master Series of 1:48 Wing Tech kits has received a boost with the launch of a German Bf110D-3 aircraft model. The original Bf110 aircraft built by Messerschmitt was a twin-engine heavy fighter, a type known to Germans as Zerstorer (Destroyer). This aircraft, in a variety of guises, served throughout WWII. Its greatest success was early on in the war, but its innate weakness of a lack of aerial agility was dangerously exposed during the Battle of Britain. The Bf110D, based on the preceding C model, was a Zerstorer specially designed for long-range missions. It came about partly in response to the Norwegian campaign, where the need for a long-range anti-shipping aircraft became apparent. The Bf110D-3 was essentially a long-range shipping patrol aircraft that could carry two drop tanks, either 900 or 300 liters in size. An ETC 500 bomb rack could also be fitted. One other modification was the lengthening of the fuselage in order to fit a two-man life raft in case the Luftwaffe fighter was shot down over the sea.
Dragon's 1/48 kit of the Bf110D-3 is full of detail comparable to that found on larger 1/32 scale kits. This aircraft model is offered in the Cyber Hobby Green Box range, and it incorporates superb detail. One innovation on this kit is the fact that all the ailerons and rudders can be modeled in different positions according to the modeler's wishes. Detail on this kit is finely executed, with true-to-scale panel lines carefully represented. All the minute detail inside the two-man cockpit can be easily viewed through the clear plastic canopy. Another addition especially for the Bf110D is the inclusion of wing-mounted fuel drop tanks. Photo-etched metal is the perfect medium for the pilots' seatbelts, while many plastic parts are made from slide molds. On the machine guns, for example, the barrels are made from slide molds so that the muzzles can be depicted as hollow. This is an extremely well-crafted model, one that slots well into the Wing Tech range. For aircraft modelers seeking something that will go a bit further, this long-range Bf110D-3 is the solution!