Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (15)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $74.95You pay: $51.39(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: CyberHobby Stock Number: CHC 5556Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Me-110"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Brand new large fuel tank "Dackelbauch" for Bf110-D reproduced under fuselage
- Highly detailed twin-engine heavy fighter-bomber with accurate 1/48 scale
- Leading edges can be slid down for optional assembly
- Surface of ribbed fuel tank realistically reproduced
- Two types of wing root inserts included as options
- Aircraft rose can be assembled in two options
- Three different depths of panel lines exhibit astonishing level of minute detail
- Aileron can be assembled in different position
- Carefully reproduced fins and rubbers
- Realistic canvas pattern on tailfin w/authentic details
- Rudder represents the real one
- Detailed inspection covers with rivets
- Larger diameter tailwheel for Bf110D
- Detailed fuselage with sharp detail
- Fuselage possesses metal-skinned detail
- Wings represent lammar-flow airfoil shape
- Detailed pilot tube on underside of wing
- Propeller blades with curved cross-section and true-to-scale thickness
- Cockpit canopy with realistic detail
- Cockpit canopy antenna finely detailed
- Cockpit canopy can be positioned open/closed
- Detailed rear gunner position and MG15
- Detailed slide-molded engine cowling cover has maximum detail
- Realistically detailed gun barrels are slide molded with hollow ends
- Realistic radiator vents included
- Air filter has fine detail
- Two ETC500 bombs and pylons precisely reproduced under the fuselage
- Detailed underwing radiators
- Landing gear can be assembled in optional positions
- Stengthened landing gear realistically portrayed
- Wheels have realistic tread detail
- Instrument panel authentically detailed
- Pilot's seatbelt upgraded by photo-etched parts
- Landing gear compartment with interior detail-struts delicately rendered
- Full cockpit interior details: pilot's seat, instrument panel, radio and MG ammo included
- Intricate MG ammo included: double-drums for MG 15, round drums for MG FF
- Antenna devices located on underside of fuselage: loop antenna, antenna array and antenna mast
- Includes finely detailed boarding ladder
- Two drum-fed MG FF cannons under the fuselage
- Four MG 17 weapons for interior of upper nose
The original Bf110 aircraft built by Messerschmitt was a twin-engine heavy fighter, a type the Germans referred to as Zerstorer ("Destroyer"). This aircraft's greatest success was early on in WWII, but its innate weakness of a lack of aerial agility was dangerously exposed during the Battle of Britain. The Bf110D, based on the preceding C model, was a Zerstorer specially designed for long-range missions. It came about at the time of the Norwegian campaign, where the need for a long-range anti-shipping aircraft became apparent. The Bf110D-1/R-1 was the first attempt at creating a long-range shipping patrol aircraft, and its key characteristic was the addition of a huge 1,200-liter external belly tank. First appearing in May 1940, the performance of the Bf110D-1/R-1 was adversely affected by the weight of this Dackelbauch ("Daschund belly") fuel tank. Only the poor quality of Allied aircraft during the Norwegian campaign staved off disaster for this version, although later variants incorporated improvements.
Cyber Hobby has already successfully released a 1/48 scale model of the Bf110D-3, and now comes a new one of the earlier D-1. The 1/48 kit provides a level of detail comparable to that found on larger 1/32 scale kits, meaning it has high-quality parts, accurate details and ease of assembly. The Dackelbauch is realistically reproduced for fitting under the fuselage. One innovation is that all ailerons and rudders can be modeled in different positions according to the modeler's wishes. Detail on this kit is finely executed, with true-to-scale panel lines carefully represented. This is an extremely well-crafted model in the Cyber Hobby range, so for aircraft modelers seeking something that will go a bit further, this long-range and "big-bellied" Bf110D-1/R-1 is the solution!