J-8F Finback Chinese Fighter
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The J-8II series appear quite different from the original J-8, with a new forward fuselage, intakes and nose structure more reminiscent of the F-4 Phantom II or Sukhoi Su-15 to house a new, more powerful radar.
The J-8B first flew in November 1989, improved J-8II with JL-8A PD radar (70 km range). Powered by 2 x WP-13AII turbojet engines. Armed with twin-barrel 23mm Type 23-III cannon and up to 4 PL-5 or PL-8 AAMs or rockets/bombs. No BVR capability.
- The kit consists of over 330 parts, 20 clear parts
- Detailed fuselage with accurate design
- Windscreen & canopy made from clear parts
- Detailed wing with plenty of external loads
- Finely detailed cockpit, gear cabin