Grumman F-14A Tomcat
Other products to consider: (7)
Customize your model: (16)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $115.00You pay: $75.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 61114Scale: 1/48View all products of type "F-14 Tomcat"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic, twin-engine, two-seat, variable-sweep wing fighter aircraft. The Tomcat was developed for the United States Navy's Naval Fighter Experimental (VFX) program following the collapse of the F-111B project. The F-14 was the first of the American teen-series fighters, which were designed incorporating the experience of air combat against MiG fighters during the Vietnam War.
This specific model kit depicts the F-14A Tomcat variant. The F-14A was the initial two-seat, twin-engine, all-weather interceptor fighter variant for the U.S. Navy. It first flew on December 21, 1970. As a U.S. Navy fighter it fulfilled the dual roles of long range interceptor and air superiority fighter, and later bomber. Deployed from 1974 to 2006, it successfully employed a "swing wing", which offered variable sweep. The F-14A, which covers most of the early variants, was the most prolifically-produced variant of the Tomcat. 79 were exported to Iran before U.S.-Iranian relations began to deteriorate, and later took part in the Iran-Iraq War.
- Moveable swing wing - it can be depicted at angles from 20-75 degrees.
- The aircraft is depicted in parked position, with landing gear deployed.
- Separate parts are included to depict the different airbag and sealing plate shapes with the wing at 20 and 75 degrees.
- Canopy can be opened.
- Ladder and step components can be built in deployed or stowed positions.
- Comes with 3 marking options: 2 for high-visibility F-14As from the VF-84 (Jolly Rogers) and VF-2 (Bounty Hunters) U.S. Navy Fighter Squadrons, plus 1 Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) unit F-14A.
- Extra parts are included to depict the refueling probe and its bay, which were uncovered on IRIAF F-14s.
- 2 highly-realistic figures are included to depict seated pilot and Radar Intercept Officer (RIO).
- Missile parts depict air-to-air missiles: AIM-9 Sidewinders (x4), AIM-7 Sparrow (x4) and AIM-54 Phoenix (x4).