Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (12)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $183.00You pay: $119.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 60322Scale: 1/32View all products of type "P-51 Mustang"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The P-51 Mustang is considered by many to be the best fighter aircraft of WWII. The P-51 Mustang came about when the British Purchasing Commission asked North American Aviation to produce the Curtiss P-40 for the RAF, but North American stated they could build something better. The P-51D is considered by many experts to be the definitive variant of the Mustang as it was the most widely produced. It featured a bubble canopy which gave the pilot superb all-round visibility as well as a heavier armament of six 12.7mm machine guns. Wing racks allowed the carriage of drop tanks to extend range or bombs for ground attack. P-51Ds were instrumental in helping the Allies gain air superiority over Europe, and after Germany's defeat, they continued their role as long-range escorts for B-29s attacking Japan. Many also saw service during the Korean War as fighter-bombers and a few even continued to serve with air forces of less developed nations until the 1980s.
- Specs and Features
- 1/32 scale assembly model kit of the North American P-51D Mustang.
- Overall Length: 308mm, Wingspan: 354mm.
The unmistakable form of this famous aircraft is accurately reproduced based on actual design drawings of the aircraft as well as thorough study of actual examples of the aircraft.
Comes with the necessary parts to enable depiction of early-production and late-production P-51D, including:
- types of tail sections (with and without dorsal fin)
- 3 types of canopies
- 4 types of rearview mirrors
- 2 types of instrument panels
- 2 types of seats
- types of engine exhausts
- Control surfaces (ailerons, flaps, elevators, and rudder) are all movable.
- Magnets allow easy attachment/detachment of the ultra-thin engine cowlings even after assembly to showcase the detailed Packard Merlin V-1650 engine.
- Parts are included to allow depiction of landing gear in retracted or deployed positions.
- Landing gear tires are made from solid rubber and feature accurate tread patterns.
- Comes with a display stand to depict the aircraft in flight.
- A set of photo-etched parts is included to depict details such as seat harnesses and the oil cooler.
- types of drop tanks included.
- Comes with 2 pilot figures (1 seated, 1 standing) and 3 types of distinctive decal markings. A) 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group B) 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group C) 79th Fighter Squadron, 20th Fighter Group
- A 16 page full-color photographic reference manual is included.