Hawker Hurricane Mk.I w/ 3 Figures
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (5)
Customize your model: (12)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $68.00You pay: $45.59(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Tamiya Models and PaintsStock Number: TAM 37011Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Hurricane"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Together with the Spitfire, the Hawker Hurricane was one of the representative RAF fighters of WWII. This low-wing monoplane with wide-track retractable landing gear and eight 7.7mm machine guns incorporated proven biplane features such as a tubular frame. Although Hurricanes were outperformed by the Luftwaffe's more advanced Messerschmitt Bf 109Es, the Battle of Britain in July 1940 saw Spitfires engage escorting Bf109s while Hurricanes went after the bombers. As a result of judicious unit management and pilot bravery, the RAF inflicted heavy losses on the Luftwaffe and were eventually able to claim a hard-fought victory. This Tamiya special release is made up of two manufactures products to give modelers access to one exclusive kit.
Specs and Features
- 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit. Fuselage: 198mm, Wingspan: 254mm.
- Included aircraft parts are product of Italeri.
- Fabric-covered rear fuselage accurately reproduced in molded plastic.
- Cowlings may be detached to reveal the Merlin engine even after assembly.
- Includes photo-etched parts for cockpit details.
- 2 kinds of spinners and propellers included.
- 2 pilot and 1 commander figures manufactured by Tamiya (total of 3) and 6 Marking Options included.
- Comes with a Photographic Reference Manual (A5-sized, 36 pages)