Mil Mi-24D Hind-D
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Designed in the 1960s the Mil Mi-24 holds a special place within the gunship fraternity. Bristling with weapons the robust D version is one of the most powerful attack helicopters in the world. Thanks to two powerful engines and a slender fuselage this Flying Fortress is very manoeuvrable and can achieve a top speed of over 330 km/h (205 mph) even with a full weapon load. This Soviet designed and heavily armoured attack helicopter became well known during the wars in Afghanistan and Chechnya and was widely used by the forces of the Warsaw Pact . The Hind D is equipped with a 12.7 mm heavy MG in a chin turret - Swatter guided missiles and rocket pods can be carried on outer stations of the stub wings. The 24 D - NATO codename Hind - has been in military front-line service since the mid-70s.
- Structured surfaces
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and control column
- Imitation figures for the pilot and gunner
- Rotatable chin turret with machine-gun
- Detailed interior with seating
- Detailed imitation engines
- Rotating main and tail rotors
- Fully detailed rotor-head
- Detailed undercarriage
- Stub-wings with weapon pylons
- 4 rocket pods
- 2 launch ramps for Swatter guided missiles
- Cockpit doors can be assembled in the open or closed positions by choice
- Antennae and infrared sensors
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Mil Mi-24D Hind-D, 414 - East German Army (NVA), KHG-3 Cottbus AB, 1985
- Mil Mi-24D Hind-D, 98+31 - German Air Force, WTD-61 Manching AB, 1995
- Mil Mi-24D Hind-D, 457 - Polish Air Force, 56.KPSB, Inowroclaw - Latkowo 2006