EH-101 Merlin HMA.1
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The EH-101 Merlin HMA.1 is the most advanced helicopter used by the Royal Navy. The EH-101 was developed by Agusta and GKN Westland and first flew in 1987. The primary role of the Merlin is anti-submarine warfare, using a powerful search radar, sonar detection and other advanced avionics. Its main armament consists of Sting Ray torpedos or depth charges. Powered by three Rolls Royce Turbomeca turboshaft engines, the Merlin has an excellent performance. In service at RNAS Culdrose from September 2000, the first operational unit to form was No.814 (Tiger) Squadron, based aboard HMS Ark Royal.
- 2 torpedo pylons
- 4 Sting Ray torpedoes
- Sensors and antennae
- Rescue winch
- Detailed fuselage with flush metal joints
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- Freight compartment door can be built in 2 alternative positions
- Movable main and tail rotors
- 5-blade rotor
- Detailed landing gear
- Folding tail rotor segment can be built in 2 alternative positions
- Internal fittings: control panel with screens and seats
- Side door can be built open or closed
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Agusta-Westland EH-101 Merlin HMA.1, No.814 Naval Air Squadron, Fleet Air Arm, HMS Ark Royal, February 2003
- Agusta-Westland EH-101 Merlin HMA.1, No.824 Naval Air Squadron, Fleet Air Arm, RNAS Culdrose, UK, January 2003