Bristol Beaufighter Mk.I F
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $49.95You pay: $39.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4889Scale: 1/32View all products of type "Beaufighter"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Bristol Beaufighter was one of the most successful and effective night fighters of World War 2. With the outbreak of the War the German Luftwaffe undertook intensified night raids on Britain. The RAF needed therefore to find an effective system of defence. The Beaufighter Mk IF, based on the Bristol Beaufort bomber but with more powerful engines, became available from the summer of 1940. Its speed, size and heavy armament combined with a highly secretive new surveillance radar made the Beaufighter a very effective night fighter. The first victim (a Ju88) was shot down on 19 November 1940. The enormous fire-power came from six machine guns in the wings and four 20mm cannon under the nose. The Japanese nicknamed the Beaufighter The Whispering Death because of its relatively quiet attack profile. More than 5,800 Beaufighter's were produced, including 364 for the Royal Australian Air Force.
- Structured surfaces
- Detailed twin radial engines
- Moveable Propeller
- Detailed Cockpit with pilot figures
- Navigation compartment with figure
- Tail-wheel selectively down or retracted
- Separate navigation lights
- Under-carriage selectively down or retracted
- Radar antennae
- Removable engine cowling's
Authentic decal set for follwing versions:
- Bristol Beaufighter Mk.IF, No. 252 Squadron, Royal Air Force, Abu Sueir, Egypt, May 1941
- Bristol Beaufighter Mk.IF, No. 406 Squadron, Royal Air Force, Coltishall, England, August 1941.