Airbus A400M Atlas
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $30.95You pay: $24.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4859Scale: 1/144View all products of type "A400"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The A400M is a newly developed cargo and transport aircraft designed for use by the European NATO States which also meets the international requirements of the various Air Forces. As a replacement for the C-130 and C-160 it can carry more than twice the payload and can take-off and land on unprepared airfields. Thirty percent of the fuselage consists of composite fibre materials. The first production aircraft MSN007 was handed over to the French Air Force in August 2013. Its first operational use was a flight to Mali at the end of December 2013. The aircraft can for example carry 116 soldiers, or two Unimog 2450L or 2 Eurocopter Tiger attack helicopters. It is also possible to dispatch paratroopers and cargo on parachutes as well as to install military MedEvac hospital equipment to move or repatriate injured personnel. It has an in-flight refuelling probe which can significantly increase its range. By 2020 the German Air Force aims to station forty aircraft at Wunstorf airfield with Aviation Transport Squadron 62.
- New tooling
- Detailed fuselage with recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with seats, cockpit section with staircase
- Detailed cargo space with textured floor
- Separate loading ramp and dock door
- Detailed front and main under-carriage bays
- 12 main under-carriage wheels
- Detailed engine nacelles
- Inner engine detail
- Movable 8-blade propeller
- 2 versions of propeller to choose from: flight or ground position
- Open front access door with stairs can be opened
- Rear ramp optionally open or closed
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Airbus A400M, c/n 0018, 54+01, German Airforce, Luft Transport Geschwader 62, 2014 Wunstorf
- Airbus A400M, c/n 0008, F-RBAB, Ville de Toulouse , French Air Force, 2014
- Airbus A400M Atlas , c/n 0006, F-WWMZ, 2013