F-89 D/J Scorpion
Unassembled plastic model kit
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The F-89D/J Scorpion was the first two-seat all weather interceptor in the USAF and the most heavily armed fighter aircraft of all time. In 1950 some of the F89D series underwent extensive modification. A combined fuel-pod/missile launcher mounted on the wing-tips could hold 1165 litre's of fuel and carry 52 FFAR Rockets. The next large series was the F-89J. It could carry 4 Falcon Guided Missiles with Infra-Red Homing Heads as well as 2 Genie Guided Missiles each with a 1.5 kiloton nuclear warhead for use against enemy bomber formations.
- Detailed Surfaces with Recessed Panel Joints
- A choice of building the D or J Version
- Detailed Tandem-Cockpit with moulded Instrument Panel
- Detailed Ejection Seats
- Detailed Undercarriage
- D Version with combined Fuel Pod / Missile Launcher
- J Version with Genie/Falcon Guided Missiles
- Additional Fuel Pods
Decal Set for 2 USAF Versions:
- Northrop F-89J-NO Scorpion 59th. FIS; Goose Bay AFB, Labrador; May 1957
- Northrop F-89D-45-NO Scorpion 61st. FIS at Ernest Harmon AFB; New Foundland, June 1957