Supermarine Seafire Mk.XV
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (42)
Customize your model: (14)
Don't forget building supplies!
In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $34.95You pay: $27.95(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Revell of GermanyStock Number: RMG 4835Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Spitfire"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Seafire Mk XV was the first Royal Navy carrier aircraft to be fitted with the Rolls-Royce Griffon engine. The larger and heavier Griffon produced substantially more power than the Rolls Royce Merlin. Originally planned for use in the Pacific theatre against the Japanese, the first aircraft were however delivered too late to actively participate in combat. A larger number were delivered to Canada, France and Burma. Equipped with two 20 mm Hispano Mk.V cannons and four Browning machine guns, it achieved a top speed of 623 km/h (387 mph).
- Detailed Surfaces with recessed Panel Joints
- Detailed cockpit with Instrument Panel
- Pilot Seat with detailed framework
- Detailed Undercarriage
- Arrester Hook in 2 versions
- Separate Radiator
- Auxiliary Tank over the fuselage
- Separate Access Hatch
- Decals for 2 Royal Navy versions:
- No.806 NAS, HMS Glory, British Pacific Fleet, September 1946
- No.801 NAS, HMS Implacable, British Pacific Fleet, December 1945