Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (44)
Customize your model: (20)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. In Stock (Ships in 1-3 business days)List price: $45.00You pay: $32.49(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: Italeri ModelsStock Number: ITL 2727Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Spitfire"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
The Spitfire is the most famous and known single-seat fighter of World War II. He played a decisive role during the Battle of Britain and, in its various versions, has been gradually upgraded and evolved to be more effective on all fronts from Europe to the Far East war theaters. The Mk. Vc is one of the most famous and widespread early Merlin powered version. Came into production in the first half of 1941, it was characterized by the installation of the Rolls-Royce Merlin 45 V12 engine able of delivering 1,470 HP and by the adoption of the "type C" wing able to enhance its flying performances. Instead of the eight 7.7 mm Browning machine guns, the Spitfire Vc has often been configured with the 20mm. Hispano-Suiza cannons. The Spitfire Vc, specially modified with the adoption of the characteristic tropical filter, was widely used in North Africa Campaign.
Includes markings for:
- RAF No 615 Squadron, Pilot F/O Lawrence Weggery, Dohazary India 1944
- RAF No 291 "Nigeria" Squadron, Pilot Squadron Leader Robert "Bobby" Oxpring, Hawkinge UK 1942
- RAF No 249 Squadron, Pilot F/O Frank Jones, Malta 1942
- RAF, Pilot Wing Commander Peter P Hanks, Luqa Malta 1942
- RAF No 601 Squadron, Malta 1942
- USAAC 4th FS, 52nd FG, Pilot Maj. Robert Levine, Lajbata, Tunisia 1943