F-104 A/C Starfighter
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider
Customize your model: (18)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size.
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Upgraded moulds
- Finely engraved recessed panel lines and rivets
- Fully detailed engine, cockpit and avionics bay
- Gun bay with fully detailed m61 gun
- Open or closed air brakes
- Photoetched parts
- More than 300 parts
- Huge decal sheets for 4 versions:
- F-104C-5-LO, USAF, 435th TFS, Thailand 1967
- F-104C-5-LO, 435th TFS, Da Nang, 1965
- F-104A-15-LO, 83rd FIS, Operation Jonah Able, Taiwan 1958
- F-104A-15-LO, Taiwanese Air Force, 3rd 427 TFW, Ching Chuan Kang AB, Taiwan 1969
- Instructions sheet with color profiles (10x4 plates)
The supersonic interceptor aircraft F-104 Starfighter was, without doubts, one of the most famous, and long-lasting, aircraft in History. The F-104 entered in service in the late '50s and served with USAF for a long time. Later on, it has formed the fighter squadrons of several NATO air forces for more than 40 years. F-104A was the first version and it was used by USAF as supersonic interceptor in opposition to long-range soviet bombers. It entered in service in the late '50s. To the improved version, F-104C, was assigned the role of fighter-bombers and it was used during the early stage of Vietnam War. The "Starfighter" was based and developed on an original and unique concept for its time : innovative shape of the plane extremely thin, small, straight mid-mounted, trapezoidal wings, the stabiliator mounted atop the fin, a powerful and reliable General Electric J-79 turbojet engine able to guarantee outstanding supersonic performances.