Spitfire Mk.XVI Dual Combo
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (44)
Customize your model: (29)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. DISCONTINUED This product has been discontinued
and is no longer available.List price: $74.95You pay: $54.79(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: EduardStock Number: EDU 1198Scale: 1/48View all products of type "Spitfire"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
Famed British-built fighter, late Merlin 266-powered variant optimized for low-altitude performance and fit with clipped Type E wing and tall rear fuselage. The Mk XVI was the same as the Mk IX in nearly all respects except for the engine. Kit features engraved panel lines, highly detailed cockpit with photo etch, bubble top and high back canopy, optional open/closed canopy and door, semi-elliptical or clipped wingtips, single piece 4-blade propellers with separate spinners, detailed wheel wells and optional undercarriage, wing machine guns, 250lb underwing bombs (x2) and mask.
Decals and painting reference for (8) aircraft:
- TD341, No.443 Squadron, Uetersen Airfield, Germany, August 1945
- TB900, No.349 Squadron, Wunstorf, Germany, Summer 1945
- TD240, S/Ldr. Boleslaw Kaczmarek, CO of No.302 Squadron, Varrelsbuch Airfield, Germany, Summer 1945
- SL721, AVM Sir James Robb 1948
- SL718, No.612 Squadron, RAuxAF, Cooper Air Race, Elmdon Air Base, July 1949
- RR227, S/Ldr. Otto Smik, CO of No.127 Squadron, Grimbergen Airfield, Belgium, November 1944
- TB752, S/Ldr. Henry Zary, CO of No.403 Squadron, Belgium, April 1945
- TB300, G/C Stan Turner, No.127 Wing, Evere Airfield, Belgium, April 1945