F6F-3 Hellcat with Carrier Deck
Unassembled plastic model kit
Other products to consider: (14)
Customize your model:
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Available(Ships in 2-4 business days)
This product is in stock at our suppliers,
if ordered it will take a few days to arrive.List price: $42.50You pay: $28.79(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: CyberHobby Stock Number: CHC 5117Scale: 1/72View all products of type "F6F Hellcat"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- F6F-3 Hellcat authentically presented
- Rudder can be modeled in different positions
- Wings can be assembled open/folded
- Engine exhibits w/fine detail
- Newly tooled flight deck included
- .50-cal MGs especially produced for F6F-3
- Detailed F6F-3 fuselage presented true-to-scale w/correct shape
- Fuselage possesses metal-skinned detailed
- Cockpit interior details including pilot's seat and instrument panel
- Highly detailed cockpit included photo-etched seat harness
- Canopy can be assembled open/closed
- Landing gear can be assembled in taxing or flight position
- 2 realistic 1/72 scale figures
- Intricate 5" HVARs and 500lb bombs included
Cyber-Hobby is offering aircraft modelers something special! A WWII Hellcat fighter supplied with a section of flight deck to create an instant vignette! The single-seat F6F Hellcat, a carrier-based fighter that served in the US Navy and US Marine Corps, was a completely new design from Grumman. The Hellcat is credited with destroying a staggering 5,271 enemy aircraft. This type first flew on 3 October 1942 and it reached operational readiness the following February with VF-9 aboard USS Essex. In all, some 4,402 F6F-3 carrier-borne fighters were produced up till April 1944 before it was replaced by the F6F-5. The fighter's standard armament was six .50-cal M2/AN Browning machine guns, while later aircraft possessed three hardpoints capable of carrying 900kg of bombs. Six High-Velocity Aircraft Rockets (HVAR) could also be mounted under its wings.
This new kit of F6F-3 now comes with a suitable dioramic base to allow modelers to display it in its natural habitat. Details such as the Double Wasp radial engine on this 1/72 scale kit are absolutely stunning. The cockpit features a full interior, with even minute details rendered. The transparent canopy can be displayed open or closed, thus allowing the modeler to show off all the internal detail. The wings can be shown extended or folded, as can the undercarriage. Cartograf decals offer various marking options for this famous Hellcat fighter. The kit comes with a selection of armaments (e.g. 5-inch HVAR, 500lb bomb) to produce an authentic-looking model. It also boasts two new 1/72 scale figures of deck crewman. This ready-for-action Hellcat couldn't look any better sitting on a carrier flight deck ready for launch!