Messerschmitt Bf109E-3 Fighter
Unassembled plastic model kit with photo-etch parts.
Other products to consider: (23)
Customize your model: (25)
Don't forget building supplies!
Select a thumbnail to see the picture full-size. Backordered (Sign up for an email
notification when it's
back in stock!)List price: $57.95You pay: $38.99(All prices in U.S. Dollars)Manufacturer: CyberHobby Stock Number: CHC 3222Scale: 1/32View all products of type "Me-109"
This model kit requires assembly. Cement, paint and other construction materials not included unless specifically stated in the description.
- Newly tooled Bf109E-3 using slide-mold technology
- Newly tooled rear-view mirror optionally molded on
- Newly designed canopy is made from crystal clear transparent plastic and comes w/rivet detail
- Slide-molded engine cowling cover w/maximum dtail can be assembled open/closed
- Moveable propeller blades with accurate curved cross-section and true-to-scale thickness
- Propeller can rotate
- Canopy can be positioned open/closed
- Ailerons can be assembled in different positions
- Intricate Bf109E-3 engine represented by multiple parts
- Rudder can be modeled in different positions
- Full cockpit interior details pilot's seat, instrument panel and radio included
- Fuselage possesses metal-skinned detail
- 20mm Rheinmetall-Borsig MG FF Cannon w/conical-shaped blast tube
- Three different depths of panel lines exhibits astonishing level of minute detail
- Two 7.92mm Rheinmetall-Borsig MG17 machine guns in staggered mount included
- Intricate details located on underside of wing for aileron hinge etc..
- 20mm ammunition magazine included
- Landing-gear compartment made w/DS parts
- Photo-etched harness included for pilot's seat
- Instrument panel authentically detailed
- Strengthened landing gear realistically portrayed
The silhouette of the Messerschmitt Bf109 is an unforgettable one. This fighter aircraft formed the backbone of the Luftwaffe for the duration of WWII. Its first operational service was actually in the Spanish Civil War, and the Bf109 holds the distinction of being the most widely produced fighter in history. Nearly 34,000 fighters were produced up till April 1945! A range of wartime variants were developed, with the E series being the first major redesign of this highly successful aircraft that wrought havoc on Allied and Russian opponents. The features that distinguished the E ("Emil") model included a more powerful DB 601 engine, two heavier 20mm MG FF cannons and larger fuel tanks. The E-3 was the most common version of the Emil (4,722 units produced), and the type participated widely in the early battles of WWII, as well as the famous Battle of Britain.
It's this Bf109E-3 fighter sub-type that's presented in new 1/32 scale Wing-Tech kit from Cyber-Hobby. Being based on the previously released Bf109E-4, the kit is simply stunning. Careful engineering has resulted in precise detail and easy assembly for modelers of all skill levels. Every detail inside and out is accurately presented in plastic, and some parts such as the pilot's seatbelt are even included as photo-etched metal items for superior realism. DS is also used for the landing-gear compartment in order to provide the necessary level of detail. The cockpit canopy is a brand new tooling produced especially for this kit. To keep modelers happy, a variety of marking options are available in the form of high-quality Cartograf decals. This is a fine Cyber-Hobby kit of an iconic German fighter "Emil" is bursting to get out of the box and take to the air!